Tuesday 3 May 2011

About my english

 I am going to write about strengths and weaknesses in terms of my use of English. In my opinion, my strength is grammer. In Japanese school, English classes lays a stress on grammer. I studyed a lot of grammers like past participle,present perfect, passive,etc...

 On the other hand, weaknesses of my English is speaking. My IELTS score of skeaking is now 4.5. It is quite difficult for me to form a correct sentence in my head during  I am skeaking with people. I feel sad when I really want to express something, however, sometime due to my poor speaking skills I cannot even talk. These facts lead me to think of that I want to improve speaking skills during the presessional programme ASAP.

Normally, I practice English by using  movies. I watch English movies with English caption.


thank you for reading
Miri

3 comments:

  1. I think Mr Great is right, Miri! You clearly wrote this blog with care and attention and what you've produced is good. I hope that you're already getting opportunities to practise your speaking on pre-sessional. Have you attended any of the events or trips organised by the Social and Welfare Team yet?

    What kind of movies do you like watching? How helpful do you find the subtitles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Miri, with your first post published successfully!

    You know what, I wasn't able to speak and understand much English when I first came to England. Then watching TV and talking to people on TV (on my own) helped me improve my speaking a lot, because I didn't have to worry about being embarrassed when I said something wrong or couldn't say anything more.

    ReplyDelete